* Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links, which means that we receive a small commission if you make a purchase through these links, at no additional cost to you.
Immune Support Vitamins come in three varieties: Immune Support Plus Capsules, Immune Support Gummies for Kids, and Immune System Support Lozenges
Immune Support Plus Capsules
Elderberry with zinc, vitamin D, and vitamin C
- These immune system vitamins may support a healthy immune system
- 425 milligrams of elderberry, 90 milligrams of vitamin C, and 35 milligrams of zinc per capsule
- Formulated with higher levels of elderberry, vitamin C, and zinc than similar competitive supplements
- Contains L-lysine, a building block for protein in the body. These proteins are necessary for the body’s production of enzymes, immune cells, and hormones.
- 30 one-a-day capsules
- Suitable from 12+ years
- Vegan Friendly
- Premium Quality
- Made in the UK
- Free Worldwide Shipping
Why Immune Support Plus?
- Immune Support Plus was formulated with elderberry, vitamin D, vitamin C, L-lysine, and zinc. It is the best elderberry supplement for adults.
- One Immune Support Plus capsule contains 425 milligrams of elderberry, 90 milligrams of vitamin C, and 35 milligrams of zinc. Research has shown that when compared to other similar supplements, Immune Support Plus contains higher levels of these ingredients.
- Independent research studies have theorized that elderberry (sambucus nigra L.) may offer support to healthy immune systems.
- Elderberries have been found to naturally contain phytonutrients and antioxidants.
- Independent research suggests that elderberries show the potential to neutralize the effects of free radicals.
- There is anecdotal evidence that theorizes its ability to help in the production of cytokines, which are proteins that may help regulate the immune system. Additional scientific studies are required to provide better analysis.
- To support a healthy immune system, the essential amino acid L-lysine can be a factor. L-lysine is considered a building block for the proteins that help in the production of immune cells. Various anecdotal research studies have reputed that when L-lysine is mixed with zinc and vitamin C, it may offer some anti-viral attributes.
- Other studies suggest that L-lysine may potentially help in the reduction of levels of cortisol, which is the stress hormone. Various independent research studies have implied that stress could have an impact on the immune system.
- These same studies suggest that if cortisol levels could be controlled by the presence of L-lysine, then it could potentially help support the immune system during moments of stress.
- When reviewing various independent studies that have been conducted on the various ingredients found in Immune Support Plus, such as elderberry, vitamin C, and zinc, anecdotal evidence suggests that these ingredients may offer some possible anti-viral benefits such as the potential reduction in the symptoms and duration of colds and flu.
Potential Benefits of Elderberry (Sambucus nigra L.)
Elderberries, of the elderberry shrub, are fruits with a dark purple color. Research has found elderberries to be an excellent source of antioxidants known as anthocyanins. Due to the elderberry fruit having the anthocyanin antioxidant, anecdotal research suggests it may find some use in dealing with the common cold, flu, hay fever, sinus issues, and constipation. Additional science-based studies are needed to confirm these claims.
The antioxidant anthocyanin could offer the potential of helping to clear the body of free radicals.
Other independent studies suggest possible anti-viral attributes.
Past historical anecdotal research has suggested that the elderberry fruit could have been used as an anti-inflammatory. Again, serious scientific analysis is still required to identify any real confirmation of these findings.
Elderberry Anecdotal Research and Studies
In 2012, an independent study was conducted, and the anecdotal evidence reputed that elderberry potentially could offer some assistance in the prevention of influenza infection via the possible stimulation of an immune response.
Other anecdotal evidence has implied that elderberry offers the possibilities of flu symptom relief and a minimization of the duration of flu-like symptoms.
This independent study purports that consuming an elderberry supplement within 24 hours of the initial flu symptoms arising seemed to illustrate a slight reduction in flu symptoms. Additional scientific studies need to be conducted to verify and establish more solid findings.
L-lysine Anecdotal Research and Studies
Oral treatment with l-lysine and arginine may help reduce anxiety and basal cortisol levels in humans. A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study conducted with 108 healthy individuals brought forth anecdotal evidence that suggested that providing these individuals with 2.64 grams of L-lysine and 2.64 grams of L-arginine for a duration of one week reputed a lowering of stress-induced anxiety and a reduction in the levels of the stress hormone cortisol. (Reference: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17510493/)
There was an independent study that tested whether L-lysine supplementation could reduce anxiety and could potentially lessen stress in family members residing in economically challenged communities in Northwest Syria. A three-month-long independent trial conducted on individuals living in economically poor villages in the Northwest part of Syria reputedly found that taking L-lysine enriched flour that contained 4.2 grams of L-lysine may have potentially shown reductions in anxiety scores in males that exhibited high-stress levels.
This same independent three-month study suggested anecdotal evidence of a reduction of cortisol levels in women. (Reference: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC420386/)
Potential Benefits of Zinc
What is zinc? Does it offer any potential benefits for helping to support a healthy immune system? Zinc is a trace essential element. What this means is that our body doesn’t create it naturally, though it is critical for our survival. Zinc is most known as an immune booster. Beyond that function, it also helps with digestion and it has been shown to regulate hormone production. Additionally, zinc functions in muscle growth and repair, plus shows some potential anti-inflammatory properties.
Various independent research studies have suggested that zinc may decrease the duration of a cold. These independent studies theorize that zinc could create an immune response that potentially helps minimize colds.
Those with a balanced diet get their zinc from food. The most bio-available form of zinc that our bodies can absorb the easiest are meat, seafood, and dairy products. Zinc is also found in many nuts, beans, greens, and grains.
Immune Support Vitamins with Vitamin C May Help Support a Healthy Immune System
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) has shown the potential to support a healthy immune system. Scientific studies have illustrated in the past that vitamin C could help in the stimulation of both the creation and function of certain types of white blood cells whose function is to fight off viruses and bacteria.
Vitamin C is another example of an essential vitamin. An essential vitamin is a vitamin that our body can’t produce naturally. With that said, vitamin C is an important part of supporting a healthy immune system. Ascorbic acid, which is the scientific name of vitamin C, is a water-soluble vitamin that can be found in a multitude of foods. These foods include fruits such as oranges, kiwi, strawberries, and vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, bell pepper, and kale.
In summary, vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that can be found in many fruits, vegetables, and supplements. Many independent studies have supplied an abundance of anecdotal evidence that suggests certain benefits such as a potential for enhancing antioxidant levels and possibly supporting a healthy immune system. Vitamin C supplements are a good way to get the vitamin C you need if you have difficulty getting sufficient amounts through your diet.
Immune Support Vitamins with Vitamin D May Help Support a Healthy Immune System
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that plays a factor in immune cell function, which helps to protect the body from disease. Vitamin D is often known as the sunshine vitamin because it is a hormone created by your body during a chemical reaction that occurs when your skin is exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D plays a role in many functions in your body, including immunity. For this reason, it is important that your body always has the right levels of vitamin D.
Vitamin D can be gotten from exposure to sunlight, food sources, and supplementation. Obviously, the most natural way to get vitamin D is through sunlight. This is not always possible, so another way to gain vitamin D is by eating certain foods such as oily fish, eggs, cheese, liver, and vitamin D supplements.
Immune Support Plus Ingredients:
Elderberry powder, vitamin C (as Ascorbic acid), L-lysine, vitamin D (as Cholocalciferol), and zinc (as Oxide).
Each Immune Support Plus capsule contains on average 425 milligrams of elderberry, 35 milligrams of zinc, 90 milligrams of vitamin C, and 25 mcg of vitamin D.
Manufactured in a facility that may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Directions for Use:
Take one capsule per day.
Immune Support Gummies for Kids
Elderberry with zinc and vitamin C
- May help support a healthy immune system
- Suitable for kids 4+ years
- 150 milligrams of elderberry, 100 milligrams of vitamin C, and 10 milligrams of zinc per serving
- 60 easy-to-chew gummies
- Delicious berry flavor
- Vegan Friendly
- Premium Quality
- Free Worldwide Shipping
Elderberry Gummies for Kids provides children with a daily dose of elderberry, vitamin C, and zinc. They offer the potential to support a child’s healthy immune system. These tasty, soft, and easy-to-chew gummies are the best elderberry gummies for kids and will taste delicious even for the most persnickety of children.
These Sambucus Elderberry Gummies are perfect for kids aged 4+ or for anybody who would rather chew a delicious berry-flavored gummy. If you have trouble swallowing tablets or capsules, then these Elderberry Gummies are the perfect alternative. They’re fast and easy to take, even when traveling.
Various independent anecdotal studies have reputed that elderberry, vitamin C, and zinc may all offer some potential support for a healthy immune system. Other anecdotal evidence suggests that elderberry, vitamin C, and zinc offer potential benefits that may contribute to lessening to duration and symptoms of colds and flu. More scientific studies and data are required to support these anecdotal theories.
Immune System Support Zinc Lozenges with Vitamin C
Zinc lozenges with rosehip and acerola
- may help support a healthy immune system
- These zinc lozenges also contain rosehip, acerola, and vitamins A, C, & E
- 120 aniseed flavor lozenges
- suitable for 12+ years
- 3.5 milligrams of zinc and 2.5 milligrams of vitamin C per lozenge
- these soothing zinc lozenges will dissolve quickly on your tongue
Independent anecdotal studies have suggested that zinc lozenges may offer the possibility of lessening the severity and duration of cold symptoms. Research has found that rosehip is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and E! Independent research has found that acerola is a good natural source for vitamins A and C.
Other independent research has provided some anecdotal evidence that rosehips may help in the support of a healthy immune system. These same anecdotal studies repute that rosehips could offer some useful benefits due to their high concentration of vitamin C. Beyond vitamin C, rosehips also contain polyphenols, plus vitamins E and A.
Researchers claim that when compared to other vegetables and fruits, rosehips offer one of the highest concentrations of vitamin C. Additional clinical scientific research is necessary to support these anecdotal claims.
Acerola cherry is a plant whose cherry-like berries contain vitamin C. Studies have intimated that the acerola fruit could have higher levels of vitamin C than strawberries and oranges. Independent research, though anecdotal, suggests that the acerola vitamin C source could offer useful benefits as a natural supplement. More clinical scientific research needs to be conducted to verify this anecdotal evidence.
*Information on this site is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
For 40 years, Champion Supplies has provided customers with solutions to their cleaning problems through the use of unique high-performance products, the majority of which are made in the USA. Our philosophy has always been to custom make, source, and market products of the highest quality that are typically not available in stores.