Almost everyone loves sweet and sour. Be it fish, chicken, pork, or this not so common
version – a sweet and sour pork meatballs recipe. Find out below how to make sweet and sour pork balls at home, starting with the sauce of course.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb ground pork (pork mince)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil for frying the meat
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (can use white sugar)
- 1 medium carrot, diced up (or half a large one)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced up
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced up
- 1 red onion, diced up
Let’s Learn How to Make Sweet and Sour Pork Balls!
1. Get all your ingredients ready.
2. Season the meat with the salt and pepper and form into balls. The balls can be
whatever size you prefer.
3. Fry the meatballs in hot oil until well browned and drain the excess oil in kitchen
4. To make the sauce, combine water, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and soy sauce.
5. Pour the uncooked sauce into a saucepan (or the same pan you used for frying)
over medium-high heat and allow to boil.
6. Once it boils, add the carrots, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and onions. After a
minute, add in the cornstarch dissolved in about a tablespoon of water and turn the
heat to low-medium. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens.
7. Add in the meatballs and let simmer for 1-2 minutes to give the meatballs some
time to also absorb some of the sauce.
8. Serve over hot rice! The sauce is good for half a pound to a pound of meat and serves
2-4 people. Best eaten with steamed rice! We’re sure that your taste buds will thank you for learning how to make sweet and sour pork balls! Enjoy!