Since gym clothes and underwear are often made with very delicate fabrics, they have to be consistently washed thoroughly, but in a gentle way. They need to be cared for diligently since washing them with the wrong method or incorrect detergent could result in them losing their shape and elasticity. After all, nobody wants their leggings sliding down at the gym! Learning how to keep workout clothes from smelling is a breeze!
Keep reading for some useful tips on washing gym clothes, lingerie, and other delicate fabrics in the proper way so that they will last you for a long time, as well as techniques on how to keep workout clothes from smelling.
How to Keep Workout Clothes From Smelling
The majority of gym clothes can be safely machine washed even though they are made of fine fabrics that are elastic.
- The key to removing the smelly scent from gym clothes is to prevent them from building up a bad scent, to begin with. Make sure to hang up your gym clothes immediately after wearing them, inside-out, so that they can dry and not form stench-inducing mildew.
- Carefully follow any washing directions on your clothing labels. In general with fabrics that are the modern stretchy variety, you’ll want to avoid water temps higher than 86 degrees Fahrenheit since water hotter than that may cause harm to the fabric.
- If you wash gym clothes everyday, use a high-quality delicate fabric wash detergent that will be effective on cool, quick washes.
- After your wash cycle is complete, dry your garments as per the directions on the clothing’s care label. In order to preserve the elasticity of these modern garments, it is ideal to air-dry them. If you absolutely cannot air-dry your gym clothes, place them in the dryer on the lowest setting you have.
How to wash your underwear in a sink
For the most part, underwear made from synthetic fibers or cotton can be easily machine washed with no need to worry. On the other hand, for undergarments that are comprised of silk or lace, washing them in the sink is the preferred method. If you’re not completely sure, you can always check on the care label for each individual item.
- To start off, fill up your sink tub with water that is lukewarm and mix with an application of Delicate Fabric Wash.
- Leave the undergarments to soak for about 30 minutes, gently moving it around to get rid of any dirt particles.
- Rinse completely until you’re positive all of the fine fabric wash is gone.
- Squeeze the underwear gently (don’t wring!) before you hang it up for drying.
With these useful tips on how to keep workout clothes from smelling, as well as everything you have learned about how to properly wash your delicates, you should now have no trouble keeping your precious underwear and gym clothes clean and fresh!