No pork dish is complete without a recipe for the best and tastiest ribs. Whether it’s a
saucy one like this recipe for sticky orange ribs or a smoky barbecue recipe,
succulent pork ribs are a must! In this recipe, we’ll show you how to cook Chinese style pork ribs.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound boiled pork ribs (in short rib pieces or long cuts are fine)
- Peel of 1 orange (it is okay to leave the white part for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon sliced ginger or ground ginger
- 1 piece star anise
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup of water
- Sesame seeds or orange zest for garnish
Let’s Learn How To Cook Chinese Style Pork Ribs!
1. Begin by gathering everything you’ll need. This recipe is so easy and fast to make,
it will be a lot better to have what you need available before you start cooking.
2. In a lightly oiled heavy bottom pan over high heat, sear the already cooked rib
pieces to brown them a little. This gives the dish a smoky flavor.
3. Pour in the water and add the sliced ginger.
4. Follow it up with the soy sauce, orange peel, brown sugar, and star anise. Cook
over high heat until almost all the sauce is absorbed, stirring occasionally. This part
takes less than 5 minutes.
5. The sauce should be reduced to only a few tablespoons and it will stick to the ribs,
making the ribs sticky and yummy!
6. Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds or perhaps orange zest!
7. This recipe serves up to 4 people and is best eaten with steamed rice. We hope your experience of learning how to cook Chinese style pork ribs was a great one! Enjoy!