Sauces and glazes can make or break a dish. They add a whole lot of flavor, a nice
dose of moisture, and make dishes look and taste lovely. This apple ginger ham glaze recipe is
perfect for cooked ham, but you can also serve it over roast chicken and thick slices of
pork chops. With only three ingredients (five if you’ll count the salt and pepper), it’s a
What You’ll Need For This Ham Glaze Recipe:
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (use lighter colored sugar if you want it less dark)
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger or ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Glaze Some Ham!
1. Gather all your ingredients. The recipe is good for 1-2 lbs of ham or about a kilo.
Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
3. You may let this glaze sit for up to overnight in the fridge if not using right away
but it is better when used fresh.
4. When ready to use, simply brush the glaze over the prepared ham with a pastry
brush. Allow the remaining glaze to drip into the pan to keep the meat moist.
5. Bake the ham for 20 minutes in a preheated 180C oven. Because this is a glaze,
you are supposed to use the glaze for the last few minutes of cooking. Let the
ham rest for about 20 minutes to an hour before slicing.
6. Spoon the glaze from the pan over the cooked, sliced ham prior to serving. You
can certainly double the recipe if you love a ‘saucier’ ham dish.
Note: the glaze can also be used to spruce up deli meats and store-bought roasted